Home of the 2009 Irish Open
The present course was designed in 1938 by the renowned Tom Simpson. The course is laid out in two loops covering some 190 acres with no two holes running in the same direction. The only exception being the 12th and 13th which run along the sea. It speaks highly for Simpson's design that he saw need to introduce only fifty bunkers in the course's defences the rest was taken care of by the natural terrain.